12.31.2011
That good news I have been waiting to hear...
No, not that I found Mr. Right.
No, not that my shoulder is better.
No, not that our grant got funded on the first submission.
The good news I received yesterday was that finally, after preparing batch after batch of cells, after waiting and waiting for litters of mice to be born, then waiting another week for their fur to come in and their coat color show...finally, it seems we have a chimera!!!! Only around 40% chimeric, and I don't even know if it is a male or female, but hooray! Out plasmid design, screen and selection, and finally injection all panned out. Phew! There are several more hurdles to get over with this project, but there is finally more then a glimmer of hope and something concrete to show for our hard work.
No, not that my shoulder is better.
No, not that our grant got funded on the first submission.
The good news I received yesterday was that finally, after preparing batch after batch of cells, after waiting and waiting for litters of mice to be born, then waiting another week for their fur to come in and their coat color show...finally, it seems we have a chimera!!!! Only around 40% chimeric, and I don't even know if it is a male or female, but hooray! Out plasmid design, screen and selection, and finally injection all panned out. Phew! There are several more hurdles to get over with this project, but there is finally more then a glimmer of hope and something concrete to show for our hard work.
