12.31.2011
December checkup
Went to see the doc yesterday which, despite being a doctor's visit, is always pleasant because the PA I see is so awesome. He always has a smile and something funny to say. I have loved every PA I have ever had but this guy is the best.
So I did the basic ROM stuff with Andrew and, like last time, he decided it was time to call in the big dawg. The doc came in and we went through the same stuff. They prescribed some NSAID patches for me to try. Kind of doubtful that they will relieve any discomfort, but if they do, then great. If they also reduce inflammation enough so that I can increase ROM, even better, but not likely. I go back in a month and assuming there has been no change, will have my pre- op appointment for a frozen shoulder manipulation. Good thing about it is that it is non-surgical. But, I have to start PT from square one.
However, hearing that theynwouldndo the manipulation at 6 months post-op was great, because initially they were thinking they'd wait until one year, which would mean August. Frankly, after 6+ years of this, I wasn't willing to wait that long.n I either want it taken care of or to know that it is just going to suck for the rest of my life.
So we will see where things stand in another month.
So I did the basic ROM stuff with Andrew and, like last time, he decided it was time to call in the big dawg. The doc came in and we went through the same stuff. They prescribed some NSAID patches for me to try. Kind of doubtful that they will relieve any discomfort, but if they do, then great. If they also reduce inflammation enough so that I can increase ROM, even better, but not likely. I go back in a month and assuming there has been no change, will have my pre- op appointment for a frozen shoulder manipulation. Good thing about it is that it is non-surgical. But, I have to start PT from square one.
However, hearing that theynwouldndo the manipulation at 6 months post-op was great, because initially they were thinking they'd wait until one year, which would mean August. Frankly, after 6+ years of this, I wasn't willing to wait that long.n I either want it taken care of or to know that it is just going to suck for the rest of my life.
So we will see where things stand in another month.
Labels: shoulder
