4.16.2008
training wheels - off!
i forgot to mention that after getting dressed for last night's game, i looked down in my bag and saw that my ankle straps were still in there. hence, not on my ankles. hrmmm. too late to take the tape off and put 'em on and tape back up, so i figured i'd see how it went.
sure, i was nervous the first few times around the rink during warmups, but once the game started i completely forgot that they weren't on. that is, until i heard Andrea saying something about breaking an ankle. ack! but, i quickly forgot again and then when i was undressing, i thought "hey, no straps to take off!" woooo! it only took me 3 1/2 years to be okay without the straps, but maybe soon i can go back to the shin guards-inside-of-the-tongue-of-the-skate feel. like in another few years. ;-) wooooooo!
sure, i was nervous the first few times around the rink during warmups, but once the game started i completely forgot that they weren't on. that is, until i heard Andrea saying something about breaking an ankle. ack! but, i quickly forgot again and then when i was undressing, i thought "hey, no straps to take off!" woooo! it only took me 3 1/2 years to be okay without the straps, but maybe soon i can go back to the shin guards-inside-of-the-tongue-of-the-skate feel. like in another few years. ;-) wooooooo!
Comments:
<< Home
Woo, congratulations! :-D
Btw, I always wear my shin guards outside of my skate tongues, and plan to keep it that way until someone finds it worth their while to persuade me of the virtues of doing it the other way. I had a stick blade go down the back of my skate between the boot and my ankle when I *did* do it the other way, and I was Not Pleased. So I skate with guard outside tongue and sock over the whole thing, all sealed up and supported. But that's just me, FWIW. :-)
Post a Comment
Btw, I always wear my shin guards outside of my skate tongues, and plan to keep it that way until someone finds it worth their while to persuade me of the virtues of doing it the other way. I had a stick blade go down the back of my skate between the boot and my ankle when I *did* do it the other way, and I was Not Pleased. So I skate with guard outside tongue and sock over the whole thing, all sealed up and supported. But that's just me, FWIW. :-)
<< Home

