7.24.2007
toughen up, me!
i think i'm realizing that being so sensitive and attaching sentimental value to everything isn't necessarily a good thing. i mean, all i was doing was reading an email from some friends who i dearly miss and the next thing i know, i've got tears in my eyes.
i need to toughen up!
i need to toughen up!
Comments:
<< Home
But if you didn't get sentimental about stuff, why would you try new things? ;-)
When I was growing up, I was (um) obliged to spend a number of years in the extreme of the direction you're looking at. As strange as it sounds, the first time I ever cried at a movie is a landmark that I treasure.
IMHO stoicism is overrated. Yes, bad things may hurt you less, but then you wouldn't enjoy good things as much. The more you miss your friends, the more brightly they'll color your life when you see or hear from them again. Think what life would be like without emotional color!
I enjoy you just as you are, Cheddah! *hug*
Post a Comment
When I was growing up, I was (um) obliged to spend a number of years in the extreme of the direction you're looking at. As strange as it sounds, the first time I ever cried at a movie is a landmark that I treasure.
IMHO stoicism is overrated. Yes, bad things may hurt you less, but then you wouldn't enjoy good things as much. The more you miss your friends, the more brightly they'll color your life when you see or hear from them again. Think what life would be like without emotional color!
I enjoy you just as you are, Cheddah! *hug*
<< Home

