1.14.2007
back to wheels?
after carefully considering input from various sources (thanks, y'all) i decided to get the synergy hockey backpack. unfortunately, it isn't made in teal and black, so instead of Sharks colors i went with Giants colors.
i found out for myself that yes indeedy, these things are huge! lots of room for jerseys and socks, etc. even with all my gear, and the more even weight distribution will be good for my back. at least i think so.
anyhow, after wanting to get this all before Burninating, i had an epiphany this afternoon. while i do have the backpack in time for vegas, traveling with wheels might actually be easier. for one, i'll have my regular backpack for taking things onto the plane with me. i can't very well wear that AND the hockey pack at the same time. assuming i did figure that out, i realized that i'd still need another shoulder for my carry-on. i could carry that bag, as its name suggests, but then i'd still need to find a place for my stick bag.
oh, decisions, decisions. i suppose that if this is my biggest worry right now (aside from healing a sprained ankle) then my life is pretty good. but, i will be going back and forth between wheels and backpack for the next 11 days, at which point i'm sure i'll decide i made the wrong decision.
rreaaah! and meeahh!
i found out for myself that yes indeedy, these things are huge! lots of room for jerseys and socks, etc. even with all my gear, and the more even weight distribution will be good for my back. at least i think so.
anyhow, after wanting to get this all before Burninating, i had an epiphany this afternoon. while i do have the backpack in time for vegas, traveling with wheels might actually be easier. for one, i'll have my regular backpack for taking things onto the plane with me. i can't very well wear that AND the hockey pack at the same time. assuming i did figure that out, i realized that i'd still need another shoulder for my carry-on. i could carry that bag, as its name suggests, but then i'd still need to find a place for my stick bag.
oh, decisions, decisions. i suppose that if this is my biggest worry right now (aside from healing a sprained ankle) then my life is pretty good. but, i will be going back and forth between wheels and backpack for the next 11 days, at which point i'm sure i'll decide i made the wrong decision.
rreaaah! and meeahh!
Comments:
<< Home
The advantage of airports...luggage carts especially at LAS so in essence a set of wheels to get you to a vehicle so you don't have to balance two packs on your back. :-)
LMAO! i am wondering the same thing. liz takes a wheeled bag on trips only because it holds a hella lot more. i'm leaning on taking my wheeled bag too, if it means i can forego a suitcase.
heather has a wheeled backpack that i was eyeing. =D
heather has a wheeled backpack that i was eyeing. =D
heh. i've decided (for now) on this:
wheels for Vegas - i've done it before and know that it works. backpack will be for in-town use.
wheels for Vegas - i've done it before and know that it works. backpack will be for in-town use.
For Vegas I think I use a wheeled suitcase, have my gear (plus half my clothes) in my hockey backpack, have a small duffel that I stash in my hockey pack until I check my stuff in, and my sticks. And my money-etc. bag which I wear crosswise. So I end up on the plane with my etc bag and my duffel containing snacks and so on, and wander Vegas with just my etc. I guess I figure if I buy anything, it'll come in a bag.
Oh, and these days I bring a spouse who, gearless, happily carries any extra stuff, including latching his suitcase and mine together so they wheel along together, conga-style. Handy, yes!
Oh, and these days I bring a spouse who, gearless, happily carries any extra stuff, including latching his suitcase and mine together so they wheel along together, conga-style. Handy, yes!
Ha! I think this is the first year I'm not going to bring my wheels.
But that's because we'll be bringing Val and I want to keep my hands as free as possible, so I think it'll be the backpack.
But then again, I'm not sure. Argh! So many things to consider!
But that's because we'll be bringing Val and I want to keep my hands as free as possible, so I think it'll be the backpack.
But then again, I'm not sure. Argh! So many things to consider!
omg, after ALL THAT, we're taking our backpacks because jean was kind enough to schlep our gear in her car and i figured they'd be easier to handle.
Post a Comment
<< Home


