3.02.2006

dilemmas...

to try or not to try?

i want to stay in green with my buddies, have a ball and keep laughing a lot.

i want to try out for red because i want to be a better hockey player, and i don't know if i can become that in green. i know i'll be challenged in red and that's what i need to push myself. and i can join my friends who are currently in red.

BUT, i still want to stay with my buds. and some more buddies who are joining!

ack, i hate decisions like this.

Comments:
Hmm...play red, assistant-coach green? :-) And it's not like you'll never see greens; they sometimes pop up in the ice slot before or after, in the red/green challenge, the all-league games, red placements, and of course when you advise your red captain who knows nothing about the current green population which players might be fun to have sub up. :-)
 
very good points, Jedi.

but, another factor is the carpooling deal - if i stay in green, i can carpool with TQ. otherwise we're driving to hockey on separate dates and that just takes some of the fun out of it.

hrmmmm....

so many confusing details! >:-(
 
I hear ya. I hate to think of older Greenies being broken up. But the idea of playing in Red is appealing, too, but I'd have to qualify, Bob Loblaw...
 
TELL ME ABOUT IT! =(

it's not the same, or similar, to just see people, half the fun is playing with them, then going out after the game/practice. =(
 
Aim high and play red, you totally have the skills. Plus while it is fun to play with friends in lower division, it can be discouraging for them to have a player that is way above them in skills (unless they are playing with you, o' course, it happens in red too when we wish some one had been moved to maroon). Think about the good you could do as a coach for them _and_ still go out after games and practices. :-)
 
Or, we could all stay in green forever and make it a mini red as we get better together. ;)
 
Leaving my red friends behind when I moved to maroon was one of the hardest things I've done in hockey.

But, being in maroon has improved my game a great deal and in the end, I've wound up with plenty of maroon friends, too. It sucked at first -- I was still Red coordinator, so I handed out jerseys to the new-to-Red players at the session right after my first maroon game. They all went on the ice and I stood there, alone, watching them.

In the long run, I have no regrets. I bet you won't either.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?