1.14.2005

okay, i need to sulk...

i have tried to be upbeat and positive about this whole ankle thing. especially in the wake of all the tragedy in south Asia and on a much smaller scale in southern California.

BUT i realize that i never really gave myself time to wallow. or maybe i did and i just don't remember it. anyhow, i'm going to wallow now.

- i miss playing hockey
- i miss seeing my friends who play hockey with me
- i am so supremely bummed that i can't play with them in Vegas. the good point is
that i will be able to see everyone and cheer for them, but it won't be the same.
my heart literally aches when i think about how much fun it would have been to
skate with them.

i am at work AND on the verge of tears. sniff, sniff.

Comments:
Sniff, sniff.

I'm on the verge of tears reading that!

Waaaah! )-;
 
You could come and visit us, now that you're bootless...
 
don't cry, Viv. leave that to me. ;-)

Liz - very true. i was thinking of perhaps catching the green game this sunday at 6pm...
 
Ok. I'm not even sure who's blog this is...the ankle thing caught my eye from Viv's list of blog links.

A broken ankle entitles you to sulk. I've done it...twice. And it majorly sucks. The second time was misdiagnosed as a sprain first. Both times required surgery with hardware added....and then surgery again to remove the hardware.

But, after having gone through this twice, believe me, it comes back and you'll be right back out there.

Good Luck!

KarenB
 
Okay, I just had to follow up after going through your ankle history.

My first ankle break was amazingly similar to yours (kind of eerie in a way). I was playing at the Shark Tank and I went to turn and my body moved but my foot didn't. I felt something give and I thought "that's not right". There were EMTs on site and the one told me it was just a sprain....but my ankle was also tilted at an odd angle.

Turned out to be a bimalleolar fracture, but I didn't need as many screws on the one side as you. (I waited until my second ankle fracture to get the plate and screws installed).

Anyway, something must not be right with the Shark's ice. No wonder they make us sign those waivers now.

KarenB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?